Ride to Pikes Peak

An opportunity for a mother and son to do something special for Polycystic Kidney Disease, for organ donation and for us.

My Photo
Name:

In 1806, Zebulon Pike traveled west and sighted Pikes Peak. We biked 990 miles along his route and then ran the Pikes Peak Marathon. We are so grateful for the opportunity to raise PKD awareness. PKD caused the failure of Pat’s kidneys. A transplant saved her life eight years ago. Pat’s brothers, sisters and mother were afflicted with PKD, seven in all. Pat describes how PKD affected her life and televised news features are in the "News Coverage" link on the left margin.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Success

An incredible day on the mountain for PKD, for organ donation and for St. Louis. My friend and running bud Zac Fruedenberg took 3rd in an extremely competitive race. He ran a truly brilliant race and his success is awesome! My own race was a thrill. I ran strong up the hill, paced myself down the hill and finished in 4:46. I finished 22nd overall. But hooray! I got beat by two girls so when they seperate the results I get 20th.

There are a couple pictures before and after.

Mom and I want to thank everyone for supporting our dream of sharing this together and making a difference for PKD and organ donation. We wouldn't be here without you.

AMEN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home