Ride to Pikes Peak

An opportunity for a mother and son to do something special for Polycystic Kidney Disease, for organ donation and for us.

My Photo
Name:

In 1806, Zebulon Pike traveled west and sighted Pikes Peak. We biked 990 miles along his route and then ran the Pikes Peak Marathon. We are so grateful for the opportunity to raise PKD awareness. PKD caused the failure of Pat’s kidneys. A transplant saved her life eight years ago. Pat’s brothers, sisters and mother were afflicted with PKD, seven in all. Pat describes how PKD affected her life and televised news features are in the "News Coverage" link on the left margin.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Finding Your Path

As I get older I've begun to love and appreciate how fate is like the hand of God.

As I debated in my mind the idea of my mom and I riding out to the Pike's Peak Marathon things happened that were like signs encouraging and directing me which way to go. I found a spinning bike at a bankruptcy auction. When I called Tim of the St. Louis PKD chapter to talk about the idea he was great, sending me right up to the national office for advice and help. In December I didn't get a job promotion, which would have killed the trip. The Zebulon Pike expedition of 1806, and the bicentennial group working on 2006. It continues on.

Call it what you will but for me it's wonderful to find hints from God about what to do and encouraging me that I'm headed on the right path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home