Ride to Pikes Peak

An opportunity for a mother and son to do something special for Polycystic Kidney Disease, for organ donation and for us.

My Photo
Name:

In 1806, Zebulon Pike traveled west and sighted Pikes Peak. We biked 990 miles along his route and then ran the Pikes Peak Marathon. We are so grateful for the opportunity to raise PKD awareness. PKD caused the failure of Pat’s kidneys. A transplant saved her life eight years ago. Pat’s brothers, sisters and mother were afflicted with PKD, seven in all. Pat describes how PKD affected her life and televised news features are in the "News Coverage" link on the left margin.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Training for the Transplant Games

"I'm participating, not competing," even so she'll be ready.
"Biking on the Monon Trail in Indianapolis has not yet reached the 20 miles mark. 12 to 14 is about all the farther I have gotten. In June I have signed up for a ride in Brownsburg that is twenty miles so I figure that will be a good test for me."
The Transplant Games are June 16 - 21 in Kentucky.

The Iowa born gardener has been busy too. She gets so much variety out of a 10 x 10 garden.
"The garden is almost complete. All things in-- but the beans. If it does not rain tonight I will do that tomorrow."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home