Ride to Pikes Peak

An opportunity for a mother and son to do something special for Polycystic Kidney Disease, for organ donation and for us.

My Photo
Name:

In 1806, Zebulon Pike traveled west and sighted Pikes Peak. We biked 990 miles along his route and then ran the Pikes Peak Marathon. We are so grateful for the opportunity to raise PKD awareness. PKD caused the failure of Pat’s kidneys. A transplant saved her life eight years ago. Pat’s brothers, sisters and mother were afflicted with PKD, seven in all. Pat describes how PKD affected her life and televised news features are in the "News Coverage" link on the left margin.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Friends join the RTPP

When I told my friends at DAMY Media about Ride To Pike Peak they "got it". They could see the potential I see and they volunteered to help. Their marketing agency has great intuition. Today Dave, Amy and Annie and I talked about possibilities. I'm grateful for their insights. We're going to work right away with a "to do" list for the next week.

Our peloton is growing quickly
Today one of my running and cycling buddies, Scott, tightened up his plans to ride across Missouri. He'll join the ride in Hermann and ride along to Kansas. He's training for an Ironman. Another friend, Tim, is also riding to Kansas and others are riding various stages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home